Saturday, February 6, 2010

[photography] the ghastly apparition without legs + tutorial

day 37: the ghastly apparition without legs

Let me tell you a bit about this photograph... it was an accidental experiment. I mean, I intended to do a night shot with ten-second self-timer, so I first walked in front of the camera, which was basically set up on a stool at the top of the stairs as a make-shift tripod (I really gotta get myself a tripod and bring it with me wherever I go) like the photo below:



Prior to that, I set long exposure for 6 seconds. I planted myself in the ground staring straight at the camera when the flash went off and stood for about three seconds and then turned around and walked opposite of the camera. Does that make sense?

Um, yeah, just felt like sharing my experimental finding.

If you ever try it, let me know how it goes! Or better yet, show me!

0 comments: