Thursday, May 13, 2010

TPT: The Last Supper (09-10)

I WORE SWEATS TO SCHOOL TODAY (May 13) FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THIS YEAR. WOOHOOOOO.

134: calm and comfortable

Depending on who you are, you may or may not realize that The Purple Tide makes it mandatory for the whole staff to attend work nights (exactly what they sound like) around the midpoint of each issue's production. The work nights usually last from 6 p.m. to 8 (ish) p.m.--at least, for me.

This work night was special, in many ways. One--it's the last one of the school year (as far as I'm concerned), two--I had a lot of great experiences today :)

Here are some highlights:
  • Marisa visited with Chelsea. Wow, sisters.
  • Shevy and Shannon (and perhaps a few others chorusing) belting out to '90s tunes
  • Highly amusing and awesome senior photographs
  • Lynh (sistah) + driving her Acura = :D
  • Photographing Marcelo, Astrid and Michael clambering on the side of Lynh's car while she drove around the school parking lot (LOL)
  • Zinger + Wildman + Finn = :)
  • Food = always good
  • Lynh and Michael taking me home

And many more things I can't quite recall right now.

I felt a mix of emotions today. I was very happy at work night (despite my failure in finishing my huge story)--very happy. And of course I laughed a lot, today. (Then again, I do laugh, a lot, every day. Ish.) But when I came home, the feelings started creeping up to me.

It occurs to me that this is the last work night; and soon it will be the last day of TPT for the seniors.


And I really will genuinely miss them. I wondered, as I was spending my last few moments at work night, how it'd feel next year without the seniors I know right now. I couldn't imagine it. I literally tried to visualize it--but when I did that, I focused on the group picture in my mind that I took of all the seniors together--and then bam--they disappeared and left a blank spot in that photograph in my mind. It was really sad.




Even if it's a dysfunctional family--The Purple Tide has been and is family to me.


0 comments: