Sunday, May 23, 2010

[diary] "i'm feeling a bit tipsy..."

When I lost my balance and nearly stumbled while at mi neighbor's party, I announced, "I'm feeling a bit tipsy" which caused a few of the room's occupants to stare at me. Haha! Just a note: the word "tipsy" does not always equate to being drunk (which I was certainly not). Look up the meaning in the dictionary if you didn't realize that, folks. Anyway.

Today was a fun day, I think. I went to two parties--one party after another. The first time in my life. And it was more taxing than I thought it would be. Here's a brief recap of what went down today.

1) Around 12 p.m. (noon) I headed to CHS to help the newspaper. When I got there, the door was shut and the lights were off. I guess I arrived too late, so I wandered down the hallway to find my English teacher there. Figuring that I had to wait an hour for my friend to pick me up, I decided to volunteer to help my English teacher staple her students' essays together with rubric sheets. What an interesting way to start a Saturday--a weekend--eh?

Anyway, on to Ariel's party:
  • The Little Mermaid - it has probably been a DECADE since I last saw it. I viewed it with a completely new and enlightened perspective. It was AMAZING.
  • Singing/dancing in an illegal (underground)-esque basement. Hot music at some points. I wish I could dance, and dance lithely like some people.
Mi neighbor's party:
  • Rock Band
  • Eye Of The Tiger
  • Bad Reputation 
  • PHOTOGRAPHY--LOTS AND LOTS
I can't sing high at all. I have a SUPER LOW VOICE FOR A GIRL. When I answer the telephone when advertisers call, they sometimes mistake me for a dude. Sometimes. 

I'll speculate and add deeper thoughts later.

0 comments: