Saturday, May 29, 2010

jazz & pizazz


I saw Chantilly High's Jazz & Pizazz 2010 on Friday night. (Right now it's already 12: 15 a.m.) It was nothing short of amazing.

Do you ever get that feeling--that feeling of being genuinely alive and happy? That powerful, soaring flutter in your heart and stomach that makes you shiver in anticipation? The chills that make you bristle with excitement?

Those were the feelings I felt as I sat there, captivated every moment of the spectacle. It was fantastic. I haven't felt this deliriously happy in a long time. It took a lot of effort for me not to squeal or do something animalistic to express my utter delight.

My fellow peers were awe inspiring. It makes me very happy and very excited to know that I live in an environment surrounded by truly amazing people.

As I watched the dancing, the singing, the bellowing of the band, I wondered how these people's lives would turn out. I can't imagine what they would do besides sing for the rest of their lives, and wholeheartedly so, if their voices are so amazing already. It would be a pity for their voices to be smothered by societal pressure. I wonder if any of them are pursuing a musical career. Because, the way I see it--I could tell that some of these people truly love to perform. Raw voices quivering with the fire of their souls, the clear, distinguished and unwavering sound of the trumpet, the sensual and suave saxophone, the sashay and whirling of bodies floating like butterflies, the dancing and leaping of spry fingers across ivory and ebony...

Damn.

That's all I have to say.

I don't know if it's "normal" of people to feel so deeply, so sensitively about these things. I'm very easily affected and touched.

All I know is that I would really like to interview certain people, even if I have never met with them face to face before. And speaking of interviews, I've got one to transcribe here right this very moment.

0 comments: