Sunday, December 20, 2009

you know how thought processing and philosophy came about?

Well, here's my two cents on the origins/nature of thinking and philosophy...
It came about in the early days of mankind when they had nothing better to do than sit and think. And moving forward a little, the Greeks (cough Aristotle, Plato, Socrates cough) probably had too much time on their hands. Same goes for everyone else. And then, more philosophy and thinking emerged when shi..I meant crap, happened.

So right now, I've got a little more time on my hands. I can put homework off for a couple of hours/days/weeks (wink, gasp, NO). And I'm thinking. I'm contemplating. I'm being my former pensive-self.

So I think and I reflect, and I come to a provoking thought.

I am terribly alone.

And that is by my own doing.

alone

So I just realized that the title of the above photograph, alone (watching the sunset), totally matched the lyrics to "Merry Happy" by Kate Nash:

"I can be alone, yeah
I can watch a sunset on my own"

0 comments: