Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year of 2009 in review and resolutions

Alrighty. I just got back home from shopping. Now I only have about 2 hours and 30 minutes to shell out all the biggest highlights of the year and what I'm hoping to accomplish hereafter in the New Year.

Year of 2009:
  • My best friend Cindy and piano. It was the first year I played a duet, ever, and it was for the recital. She might not have liked it, and I was terrified at the time, but in retrospect,I think it was good ;)
  • Study group with my good friends on Fridays, hah!
  • Getting my first straight A report card ever O_O
  • Building a solar-powered rice cooker for Science Fair and getting 3rd place locally
  • Building a database for the U.S. Dairy Export Council PR firm in Shanghai over the summer as an intern/worker
  • Just living in Shanghai for a month was a blissful, wonderful experience
  • Writing a 30-paged documentary (yet to be published) about my summer experiences in Shanghai and South Korea
  • Going to Seoul for the first time (but definitely not the last)
  • The Purple Tide. I have so much to be thankful for. First off--the people. Amazing people. Never thought I'd know any juniors or seniors like these people ;) Secondly, the newspaper itself. I remember reading TPT religiously as a freshman, to the point of dreaming/anticipating the day I would become a member. And now I'm writing for it and I've got my own column. Wow. Thirdly--the progress. I'm going places. The Purple Tide has really opened a lot of doors for me. It has allowed me to let myself free a little more than I would have been able to before. It has also helped bond me with several people outside of the paper that I would have never dreamt of meeting or being familiar with. There's so much that I have to say, but I won't spend all that time listing every detail because I'm sure it's pretty obvious how much I love The Purple Tide as a whole.
  • Discovering more about myself and my dreams, being more honest with myself
  • Fashion and me - need I say anything more?
  • Photography and me - learned how to edit on my own, make miniatures, still sharpening my self-taught photography, 2000+ views on my Flickr
  • Meeting people
  • Being free-er
New Year, 2010 Resolutions:
  1. The Flickr 365 Challenge! That means a photo each day for Flickr in a purposeful way! It's harder than it sounds, people.
  2. Not staying up beyond 2:30 a.m. for 3 out of 5 days of the school week
  3. Getting more focused and responsible in school
  4. Prepping for SAT's (sigh)
  5. Volunteering
  6. Interning for a company/organization (it'd be nice if I could help out again in Shanghai, but i don't know if it's possible for me in 2010...)
  7. Meeting more people
  8. Getting at least one of my photographs Explored on Flickr :O
  9. Visiting New York City in the summer
  10. Making several fashion statements in school
  11. Planning out a World Civ reunion in the summer
  12. Working even harder for TPT!
  13. Getting nothing lower than a B- on my report card!
  14. Expanding my blog
  15. Scouting people for photoshoots or photo-get-togethers
  16. Shadowing a photographer
  17. Joining the NPPA
  18. Improving in piano, being more dedicated
  19. Being nicer to family, more helpful
  20. Reconnecting with friends
  21. lots more later.

0 comments: