Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Curious? G-Star's Next Raw Reporter

So, I know you've all probably been wondering what the heck I've just gotten myself into. I'm still dazed and amazed at that, too. But here's the deal, as far as I'm concerned:

Yesterday, I came across a Tweet (yes, I tweet, you can follow me here if you want) from my fave magazine (fashion, of course), NYLON, and they alerted me that there was a search/competition to see who could become the next G-Star raw reporter. That includes four areas: YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook. Naturally, I regard my photography as one of my stronger points, so I of course entered via Flickr.

What will winning this competition result in?

A seat at New York Fashion Week as a photographer!

For those of you that don't know what New York Fashion Week is (oh my god, you kidding me?), it's basically, well, a week of fashion where there are a gazillion fashion shows (runway! models! couture!) going on by all sorts of designers (i.e. Alexander Wang, Gucci, etc.). Oh, it's grand. It's amazing. More on that later, though.

I'm not sure if you're all aware of this or not, but I hope to pursue fashion photography (with or without journalism) as my future career, so this would be a really, really amazing opportunity. So, please spread the word if you support me/my photography! :)

If you still haven't voted yet,
HELP ME OUT HERE! :) And as always, comment if you voted for me so I can thank you later!

0 comments: