Thursday, December 10, 2009

[update] reuniting with a loved possession

I'll never be young again.


Kasper Bjørke - Young Again

Somewhat poignant. Pretty chill. I feel like posting YouTube videos this week. Should I include whatever MV I fancy each week along with my weekly update notes?

I feel like I'm starting to go uphill again. I feel like I've recovered a little from falling downhill. And now, I meet an uphill battle.

sipping juice is cool

I wish I were back in Asia...

The rest of the photos, you might've seen before. If not, take a look at my photostream. Speaking of photography, guess what? I had a close shave with losing my camera.

One way or another, I was up til 2:30 a.m. this morning/last night when I suddenly realized my camera was gone. GONE. It scared me. It's only the second time that I've come close to losing my camera. The first time, I left it on the airplane coming back from Seoul. I had a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as I was almost out of the gate, and I just somehow knew I had lost my camera, so I managed to grab a flight attendant who found recovered it for me. So that doesn't really count as losing my camera if I knew, right...? Hahaha, whatev. That was the first time. Yesterday night/this morning, it was very strange. I didn't have the bad feeling I had the first time in Seoul. I didn't know what to make of it. I was just in disbelief. Me? Lose my camera? ME? How could that be? That's what I was thinking. But as I kept mulling over the possibilities, they became even more absurd and crazy than before. I wasn't as anxious and terror-stricken as the Seoul incident. Maybe it was because I was too tired. Or it's just like how I knew I left my camera in Seoul--maybe my camera was just waiting for me, out of harm's way. I prayed. To who, I won't say, but I prayed. I prayed for forgiveness, for not praying usually, and asked for my camera to be reunited with me. And today, my prayers were answered.

My camera happened to have been in the newspaper room, without me, when one of my classmates noticed that it seemed misplaced and handed it over to my adviser. What a wonderful person--it would've killed me if I knew someone had taken it instead of turning it in.

It's weird how my camera was found in the front row of seats to the right. I never, never put my belongings there. I'll leave the rest to your imagination or interpretation. You be the Sherlock Holmes. I'm tired.

0 comments: