Thursday, November 12, 2009

[update] life is good (i think).

So, folks, life is good (to me) these few days, putting aside the few blunders I've made here and there. Whoah, I just said life is good. That is not a statement to be taken lightly; I hardly ever declare life is good (or say something depressing about being busy) nowadays, eh? At any rate, I can only daresay that I'm quite happy I don't have to go to school tomorrow, and no I am not playing hooky. The good news is that I'll be going to the JEA/NSPA Washington D.C. '09 convention tomorrow (for journalism). The sort of undauntingly fresh news is that I've never attended before so it's sure to be a thriller. Now let's hope I don't get marooned in D.C. or kidnapped or get separated in the metro 'cause I'm taking the metro with none other than my newspaper heroes (no joke). Oh, but I should probably be more worried about not making a fool/ass out of myself before that, right? I pray that I don't embarrass myself.

At any rate, continuing on the thought that life is good, I must admit I've had quite a fun week... Touching Bases, which is normally a pain to me, was wonderfully amazing since the following awesome people were there: Mother A, Shevy, Kathy, Chelsea, and Cindy. Mother A totally made my day. I've discovered that simply attempting to sell baked goods for fundraising to parents at 7:30 in the morning is quite an enriching experience, seriously. There are so many psychological concepts to explore and note, so many things to learn about people in general, and oh boy, sex sells. I never really thought of it, but it does. How sad, but hey, that's reality, huh.

Putting that aside (and no, that was not the most important lesson I learned), imagine this: indiscriminately YELLING out to parents "WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION TO THE SCHOOL'S LITERARY MAGAZINE?!!!" and then secretly punching the air in victory when you hear coins clinking and bills sinking into the money jar, and also discovering how you beat your other teammates (and no it has nothing to do with having a CUTE FACE) in terms of sales. Outrageously fun.



Now, tomorrow, I am so excited that I can barely contain myself. My parents have already been worried for me since I've occasionally squealed or broken into insane giggling fits, but, that's me. (Yes, I go overboard when I'm happy, and when I try to compose myself, it only makes it worse).

OH MY WORD. This'll be fun.
YES! WOOHOO! AHHHH. I need to sleep ASAP after I take a nice long shower... urgh. And then, after Saturday is oh. Crunch time. Science Fair is horrible, missing class is horrible, but I'm going to LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

Toodles everyone, good luck with school tomorrow.

Oh, crap, wait, here are this week's uploads (only two so far, sorry):
1 g'morning, sunshine.
2 we meet again

More to come later.

ATTENTION: I HAVE A HUGE ROLL OF FILM THAT IS GOING TO EXPIRE SOON, SO I WILL BE USING FILM TO SHOOT PEOPLE INDISCRIMINATELY (OR SO I SAY)/WILDLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, SO PUT FORTH YOUR BEST POSE AND BE YOUR BEAUTIFUL SELF. (yes, I must type that in CAPS since it is so majorly awesome).


0 comments: