Friday, January 15, 2010

[update] week 2

This week has been tiring, to say the least. Let's say I've been frequently staying up til cuatro de la mañana.

I haven't the spirit for words right now, but my photographs will do the talking for the time being. I wonder if my photographs live up to "a picture speaks a thousand words"?

day 8 day 8: th'ink
day 9: day 9: it'll never happen
day 11: day 11: worknight
day 12: day 12: ick
day 14: day 14: i don't know her. wait, which one?

Maybe you noticed days 10 and 13 are missing. I took crappy pictures those days. Meh. Really crappy ones.

So now I feel like talking after I look at my photographs. I've been taking a more modern style as opposed to my formerly traditional, landscape photography. Now, my photographs are mostly portraiture. Just speculation. It's not a bad thing, but it's not good either. I have to wonder though, which is more my style--modern or traditional photography? Portraiture or landscape?

This week, yes, has been taxing. My own fault, yes. But nevertheless, it was also fun towards the end (i.e. today and yesterday) mostly because of TPT. As ironic as it may sound, I think that the newspaper is my salvation despite its stressful nature. I feel very much at ease (though rushed to meet deadlines, but hey, that's only natural) when I'm working for the newspaper or in the class--couldn't ask for better people or ambiance.

Yesterday I stayed after school until 5 ish. Today I stayed after school until 5:30 p.m. But I think it was well-worth it. For once I feel somewhat useful. And tomorrow, tomorrow will be work day. Rise and shine at 7, get to school by 8:30 a.m. Wonderful.

Now I have to worry about newspaper again, science fair, and an annotated bibliography.

I love photographing people. There's something unique and redeeming about each individual I encounter. Makes me want to throw myself out to the world.

0 comments: