Monday, January 18, 2010

late nite snacks - lifesaver (and destroyer), motivation, and incentive

School is frustrating for many, many obvious reasons.

The first reason is that you are forced to take several classes that you have absolutely no interest in. Nobody likes to do what they don't, well, like to do. Or have any interest in.

The second is that it doesn't matter whether you like the classes you take or not--regardless, you are forced to take several classes--many of which you probably have absolutely no use for in the future, really. Think about it--if I am going to be a a journalist or historian, will I have to apply Calculus or Chemistry in my daily life? Is it a practical necessity? No. (And no, I am not going to be a historian.)

But I'm not here to rant about school being frustrating.

I'm here to say that it's very sad that I've come to rely on late night snacks as prominent sources of motivation, incentive, and lifesavers.

Food late at night is not exactly a very wise decision. Certainly not healthy.

But they've become lifebuoys for me. When all else fails, there'll always be something delectable to remind me that I can still live, that I can still muster enough strength and soul into getting something done.

day 17: late nite snack

Oh, food.
I love food.
I love life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't agree more.

xx Christine