Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"You're in a dream."

12:52 a.m.

I was in bed for about twenty minutes and I dreamt of you and the school. The school’s walls were painted my favorite shade of blue and plastered with giant cutouts from vintage fashion magazines. As we approached the main stairway, I explained to you the significance of the color blue to me while gesturing at the cutouts on the walls. You walked farther from me, and suddenly we were sitting in this cafe that exists in the school in my dream, you were sitting a table away from me, I got up and I felt that you were literally in arm’s reach, I think that was the closest I ever got to being lucid in a dream because I kept repeating to myself, You’re in a dream, you’re in a dream, but I shoved the seat and table away from me that were separating you from me and I took one big step and I was going to grab you and hug you and all the while you’re in a dream kept resounding throughout my dream, I don’t know where the actual sound came from, but the moment my hands reached you, I felt some invisible force very abruptly and literally yank me away and I woke up immediately.

Now I am cold and out of bed and tired again (and that pile of Calculus won't solve itself, damn slope fields).

Reality became my dream, my dream became reality, what difference does it make when in the end it seems that it doesn’t matter where we are, dreams or reality, we are never together?

 My dreams tell truths.

0 comments: