Thursday, January 5, 2012

I would give up loving someone if I could since I don't think it's right to try to persuade someone to love you back (this was one of the things that bothered me about 500 Days of Summer--unrequited love absolutely sucks, but it's douche-y and terrible to try to force a girl to love you when she just doesn't have feelings for you). EDIT: If it's meant to be, forcing your feelings onto people is not necessary. They will love you regardless of whether you ask them to or not. I don't think true love can be forced.

But it's not all that simple. You can't just willfully stop loving someone or stop having feelings for someone all of the sudden. Or at least I can't. I don't think it's possible for me to stop loving someone (or something) once I've started. And it's not at all possible for me to control who I fall in love with and when that happens. I've got no defense against love, none at all.

(Aside: it astounds me now to think that practically all of me and all that I stand for is dedicated to love, based on love, and in search of love, whether it be in a profession or a person or both or many.)

I considered a question and a thought. I don't know if I'd want to stop having feelings all of the sudden or if I'd want to stop loving someone all of a sudden.

The thought that came to me today was: isn't wishing you weren't a love with someone (who doesn't return your feelings) a bit selfish just because of the accompanying pains and aches?

Does that make any sense? Does anyone know what I am saying?

I don't know.

0 comments: