Monday, September 8, 2008

Sensibility

It's pointless arguing with my dad when he tries to explain something, even if he's undeniably wrong. Why? Because no matter what you say, you can't change what a person of a different generation thinks, especially one that's older than you by decades. So I just sit on, listening to his rambling and babbling, and grip my seat as he makes screeching stops and sharp-turns. He's a bad driver. And then, it occurs to me, it's not that he's a bad driver, he's a nasty driver, which I think, is even worse...

And then, when I comment on how many birds are sitting on the powerlines, he laughs and says, "Do you know why they don't get zapped?" and I, of course knowing that this is headed to a very bad direction, sigh and say, "...uh, because their feet are padded so they're resistant to the power lines...? Or the power lines are insulated on the outside by rubber?" and he chuckles, goes on saying matter-of-factly, "It's because of gravity. They have smaller gravity than humans. That's why, they fall slower than humans."

What the hell?

0 comments: