Monday, September 29, 2008

religion vs. science vs. philosophy

According to one that I know, he believes that religion goes against science. I asked if there was any difference between religion going against science, or science going against religion. He said yes.

"did the chicken or the egg come first?"

Ah. I responded, "Well... I'm not sure, but I think it's the same way in the thing about the first beings on earth as Adam and Eve. They didn't come from embryos, now did they? They miraculously appeared on earth." He disagreed, amazed that I would actually relate to something religious. True. I have no true religion, but from my early childhood, it stills leaves its impressions on me... Christianity. And Buddhism. Well, my family is a follower of Buddhism. But as for myself, I don't know.

What is the purpose...of the existence of religion? Is it a scapegoat to blame everything on? Is it something that humans made up as an answer to the fear of the unknown? Is it a divine force or element?

Can a scientist, does he have a religion? Or is his religion science and the proven truth?

0 comments: