Monday, March 19, 2012

SQUARE ONE

When I was in middle school, I was really, really into Asian music. I didn't listen to music of any other culture--with the exception of jazz. Anyway, I don't listen to Asian music as much anymore, generally because the culture of it doesn't appeal to me (not into the whole boyband and pretty guys/girls phenomena) and most of the stuff sounds the same, but I've still kept up with a few of my favorite groups.

One of them, my all-time fave Japanese group, is the duo m-flo, wich comprises of DJ Taku Takahashi and emcee Verbal. They went on a hiatus in 2008 but finally returned this month to drop their album SQUARE ONE.

I AM SO GLAD THEY ARE BACK.

Here are the music videos for two of my favorite tracks from the album:

m-flo - ALIVE

m-flo - All I Want Is You

I love the delirium and the trippy-ness of the video for "ALIVE" and I am so in love with both the guy and girl in the video for "All I Want Is You." That red jumpsuit. The blue. Oh god. P.S. The girl is a Japanese model named Rila Fukushima. I love her face--it's not a classic beauty, but it's sharp and delicate at the same time--and she can really rock red full-on.

0 comments: