Tuesday, July 12, 2011

June/July mix

A mix with a bit of everything. Amazingly, it's actually not dominated by chill music this time. But still, there's a bit of everything--old favorites as well as recent discoveries. Acoustic, disco, alternative, shoegaze and of course--jazz.


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Some notes on certain tracks:
  • Someday in the near future, I'm going to shoot a short film to the sound of "To Build a Home" by The Cinematic Orchestra
  • Groovy tracks: "Do You Believe" by Poolside and "Betty Boop" by Charles Earland. The former is a disco-y number and the latter is a jazz number. Love.
  • The last track, "The Beast," by Dave Cavanaugh, is from perhaps my favorite film, Mulholland Drive, directed by none other than David Lynch. I loved this piece in particular so much that I once wrote about it:
Such a snazzy, slinky, jazzy piece. I imagine this to be my theme song when I’m feeling devious; when I’ve got plans. I imagine a man who happens to be a smooth talker. I imagine a femme fatale in a red dress. Subtle, but not so subtle. We all know that these people aren’t angels by any stretch of the imagination, and that’s what makes them so damn attractive—that’s what makes this piece of dynamic music so undeniably appealing.

0 comments: