Saturday, June 23, 2012

ID#1

I tend to neglect this blog since I prefer to use Tumblr, so I've decided to start a thing called "ID" which stands for inspiration digest. It's a good way to keep myself organized and also keep this blog running. ID is basically a compilation of visuals that inspire/fascinate/compel me. Most of this is a condensation/simplification of my personal and design Tumblrs. I sifted through this week's post and found my favorites.

--ART, CONCEPT--
The Lovers, MagritteMichael Kauffmann
The Lovers, Magritte

--FASHION/ADVERTISING--
Jil Sander is one of my favorite brands. They know how to get minimalism and ad campaigns right. In fact--I don't think I've ever seen an ad campaign I didn't like!

--DESIGN/TYPOGRAPHY--
source: wordboner


--PORTRAIT--
Magdalena Frackowiak by Daniella Rech

--WHO--
I read about Yayoi Kusama in W about a month or two ago and was surprised to see this show up on my dash. I'd never heard about Kusama before then but she really fascinates me.
Kusama’s Peep Show (Endless Love Show), Yayoi Kusama, 1966

--PORTRAIT--
photograph by Rodney Smith

--FILM--
It was a spontaneous decision, but I went to watch Rock of Ages with my cousin on Wednesday afternoon. The film itself a bit disappointing but OK, but Diego Boneta on the other hand...
He's one to watch out for.

--VINTAGE VIBES--
Elle Fanning by Venetia Scott for Self Service

--PORTFOLIO-- 
Ernst Haas, 1977
5th ave reflection, Ernst Haas, 1953.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Ernst Haas, 1969

I just discovered Ernst Haas' photography and I'm in love with it.

0 comments: